Once you have made a booking with Doozie, whether it be via phone or email, you accept and agree to our terms and conditions. If you have any questions or do not understand any of the terms and conditions, please feel free to call us for an explanation.
Definitions: The Supplier shall refer to The Trading Unit as “Doozie" from here on in. The hirer entering into the contract will be referred to as the "hirer" from here on in.
1. The hirer enters into a contract and agrees and accepts the terms and conditions from the date they make a booking with the supplier.
2. The company/and or person who has made the booking is liable for all payment. Payment will be required before the event via EFT or cash. Cash is the only method of payment which is accepted on the day and the person hiring the equipment must be there at the time the equipment is delivered to pay in cash. The hirer must have the correct change in cash. If that hirer or representative for that hirer is not there to provide the cash on delivery, we reserve the right not to deliver the equipment.
3. Supplier reserves the right to change the prices/specials on the site at any time without notice.
4. Supplier may request credit card details or a bond to cover for any damages, theft, cleaning or inability to access the equipment to be picked up at the agreed time. By making a booking, you agree to be charged in the case that any equipment is lost, stolen, damaged or unable to be picked up.
5. Public holiday bookings may incur an additional $50 charge.
6. The hire is for one day unless agreed upon mutually in writing by both parties. Failure to return the equipment or inability for our drivers to access the equipment for pick up will incur a daily charge for the equipment for any days beyond the agreed hire period. This may be taken from a bond, and any additional charges incurred will be invoiced. If the hirer fails to return the equipment, the hirer gives us permission to enter the premises of where the equipment is held to collect the equipment without being responsible for any damages caused to enter the premises.
7. The hirer accepts full responsibility for the equipment once they take possession of the equipment. The hirer is liable for the replacement cost of any equipment that is stolen, goes missing, is vandalised or broken. The hirer is liable for any damages caused to the equipment.
8. If a client helps a driver to set up the machine, this is their decision and we do no accept responsibility if the customer injures themselves in any way.
9. The renter agrees to have a suitable table or bench top to place the machine on that can support up to 90KG. If the table collapses or falls, the renter is responsible for any damages caused to the machine or persons at the function. Plastic trestle tables or glass tables cannot be used.
10. All mix comes as non-alcoholic and the renter assumes responsibility in the responsible service of alcohol if they add alcohol to the machines.
11. Doozie reserves the right at any time to change the list of flavours available, specials or prices.
12. If a machine does not freeze due to the environment it has to be placed in (e.g cramped area, no ventilation, non air conditioned area) or if the power supply is not suitable to keep the machine running, the client will still be required to pay the full amount. This also applies to machines set up outside. On hot days, machines placed outside may need to be moved into a cool area indoors to freeze up. If the hirer does not wish to do this, we accept no responsibility if the machine does not freeze.
13. Hirer must provide a standard power point and any extension cords needed to have power within 1m of the machine. Power boards cannot be used as the machines draw too much power for them and can cause them to cut out. For hires of more then one machine, you will need to run separate power cords for each machine.
14. Doozie is not responsible if the mix leaks and stains tables, bench tops or carpet. The hirer is responsible and must provide a table cloth or drop sheet should they want to protect the area where the machine will be in use.
15. The hirer assumes proper knowledge in the operation and handling of the equipment and follows OH&S policies and does not hold Supplier responsible for any injury caused to themselves or others whilst moving or setting up any equipment.
16. The equipment remains the property of Supplier at all times. The hirer may not transfer this contract to another party without written consent of Supplier.
17. The hirer must inspect and check all equipment and notify Supplier at the time of delivery if there is any equipment missing, damaged or unfit for use. Failure to do so will see the hirer responsible for any damages or missing equipment upon pick up.
18. No warranty is provided by Supplier for the equipment's fitness for any particular use.
19. Renter agrees to defend, indemnify, assume liability for and hold Supplier harmless from any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, suits, proceedings, penalties, expenses or other liabilities including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of or resulting from the use of the Equipment, regardless of the basis.
20. The terms and conditions can only be amended by Supplier.
21. Any changes to this contract must be written and signed by both Hirer and Suppplier. Oral agreements are non-binding. The latest contract supersedes all previous contracts between Hirer and Supplier. This agreement binds and benefits the heirs, successors and assignees of the parties.
22. If any court determines that any provision of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable, any invalidity or unenforceability will affect only that provision and will not make any other provision of this agreement invalid or unenforceable and shall be modified, amended or limited only to the extent necessary to render it valid and enforceable.
23. If one party waives any term or provision of this agreement at any time, that waiver will only be effective for the specific instance and specific purpose for which the waiver was given. If either party fails to exercise or delays exercising any of its rights or remedies under this agreement, that party retains the right to enforce that term or provision at a later time.